Set the right course for learning new skills
- Jun 27, 2017
Acquiring a new skill is a journey. Follow these steps to ensure that you’re headed in the right direction:
- Start with the basics. We often jump past the fundamentals to speed up the learning process. To find the right road, begin with material that explains how and where to get started.
- Break down the tasks. The distance ahead can seem overwhelming at first. Cut down your journey into manageable segments to avoid growing frustrated.
- Become an expert at each segment. Don’t move on to the next step until you’ve tested your knowledge. Try to get the same measurable results over and over before you move on.
- Let go of the past. The older we are, the harder it is to pick up new skills, sometimes because of fears or bad habits. When you try to pick up something new, train your mind to let go of preconceived ideas so you can be open to learning.
- Ask for directions. The key to understanding is to ask questions. Consult with experts who can guide you toward your destination. Develop some test questions for yourself as a way to really confirm your understanding of the material, and also to retain the information better.
Keep employees motivated when work is boring
August 17, 2017
4 Better Ways to Handle Complaints
July 13, 2017
How to handle the toughest questions
July 11, 2017
Conquering the balancing act requires planning, communication
July 6, 2017
Keep a healthy balance in your busy life
June 29, 2017