Set the right course for learning new skills
- Jun 27, 2017
Acquiring a new skill is a journey. Follow these steps to ensure that you’re headed in the right direction:
- Start with the basics. We often jump past the fundamentals to speed up the learning process. To find the right road, begin with material that explains how and where to get started.
- Break down the tasks. The distance ahead can seem overwhelming at first. Cut down your journey into manageable segments to avoid growing frustrated.
- Become an expert at each segment. Don’t move on to the next step until you’ve tested your knowledge. Try to get the same measurable results over and over before you move on.
- Let go of the past. The older we are, the harder it is to pick up new skills, sometimes because of fears or bad habits. When you try to pick up something new, train your mind to let go of preconceived ideas so you can be open to learning.
- Ask for directions. The key to understanding is to ask questions. Consult with experts who can guide you toward your destination. Develop some test questions for yourself as a way to really confirm your understanding of the material, and also to retain the information better.
3 Myths That Ruin Meetings
December 7, 2017
Say ‘No’ to Negativity
December 5, 2017
20 Fun and Weird Facts – How Many Do You Know?
November 30, 2017
Make Your Co-Workers Love You
November 28, 2017
Birthday Party Checklist – Simple Tips And Advice To Help You.
November 23, 2017