Say ‘No’ to Negativity
- Dec 05, 2017
We all know people who never have a good word to say about anything.
Comment on what a beautiful sunny day it is and they will complain that they are too hot. Say how much you are looking forward to going to the cinema and they will tell you how awful the movie is. These people sap our energy and can cause our spirits to plummet within minutes of being in their company.
Being a positive or negative thinker, however, is something over which we have control, and thinking positively is a good habit to adopt. Optimistic people are healthier, live longer and are more satisfied with their lives in general.
Whole books have been written on how to become a positive thinker, but essentially being one boils down to a few key things:
- Being aware of how your cynicism and inclination to think the worst causes you unhappiness
- Training yourself to become conscious of your negative thoughts and words
- Replacing your negative thoughts and words with positive ones. Even amidst the bad situations in life, there are nearly always positive opportunities, so focus on the good
- Repeating positive affirmations such as “I am a hopeful, optimistic person”
- Reflecting on the positives of each day and the things that you have to look forward to tomorrow
Awareness of your thinking is absolutely key to adopting a positive mind-set, so listen carefully to your thoughts and then banish the negative ones for good.
Click here for more information about my corporate and executive training programs.
Life Mapping: A Vision of Success
December 28, 2017
Top Tips For Keeping Your Employees Safe
December 26, 2017
The Art Of Employee Motivation
December 21, 2017
How To Respond To Tasks Outside Your Job Description
December 19, 2017
Are You Just Managing Your Staff, or Are You Developing Them?
December 14, 2017